Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Night Before The End

In the hallway we lay
Side by side
Knowing each second
Was in line to be the last goodbye.

All night long we understood,
It would be our final farewell.
We huddled in the dark
And promised to tell

The story of our union,
The depth of our love,
The happy times and trying times
And inseperable bond we felt.

Although immobile
Her highness shone bright
A shining star, a meteor
A galaxy of beauty all right.

Even at death's door,
Her coat still thick and bright.
Her sweet face still youthful
Her spirit forever a sprite.

I can't let you go!
I held on tight
But her heavy sighs
Told me it was time all right.

This would be our last night together
After so many years.
All I could do was hold her
Dissolved in a flood of tears.

She told me to, "Buck up,
Hold on to the love we shared,
For, I will always be with you
In time immemorial, I'll care.

In the shadows of night
Or the silhouettes of day
I'll watch over you even tho' I'm gone
But never far away."

No comments: