Sunday, August 15, 2010

Love is a Two-Way Street

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

I don't know who said this, but I agree wholeheartedly.  At least that was how it was for me and Suzy.  Her love boosted my spirits and confidence, my serenity and sense of "place" in the world.  She was everything to me and more.

Loving her gave me courage to do more things, get out and meet more people, travel, not be afraid to explore new pathways in life.  Her love bolstered my very sense of identity, it made me believe in myself more, my decisions and choices.  Suzy's love was everything to me and, without it, I feel empty and lost.

Nothing can replace her.  The bond we had was unlike any other.  Strong, resilient, forgiving, loyal.  Suzy taught me the meaning of these and other qualities.  She taught me to be a better person all the way around.  She taught me about true friendship, which is hard to find, and loyalty which is even harder to find.  In friends, family, people, places.  Suzy's intelligence surpassed any animal I've ever known or known since.  Her dedication to our home, family, and friendship unyielding and honest to the core.

One in a million.  It was my honor and privilege to have known her.  I shall never forget her.  I shall always believe in the power of our love, the strength of our union and the courage I gained from knowing her for almost 14 years.  Her gifts are indelible, her love cherished in my heart for eternity.

No comments: